Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Wedding Story



Well, I have been absent from the blog site because I have had a limited time to plan and organize a little wedding ceremony. As of yesterday, I officially became Mrs. Tanis Crawford. I don't have a picture of the wedding dress. I only have the ones of the sunset sailing trip and the dinner that was served to us on our balcony with champagne and flower petals that were spread from the doorway and all over the decorated bed and out to the balcony that overlooked the ocean and sailing boats.
It was a stunning day on a little island and it was simply perfect. The only thing missing was my family.
Five years ago Rufas and I met here in Belize when he was living in Mexico city. He had asked me to come visit him so he could tell me in person that he wanted to be more than friends. When we got to Mexico this time, he told me that the trip was my engagement trip versus getting a ring (which by my standard was much better than a ring any day). And when we hit Belize, it beame the perfect place for a wedding. It meant a lot to both of us and it was the right time and setting. The difficult decision was deciding on what to do about our family. Both sets of parents had had medical issues over the last 6 months that weighed heavy on both of us.
Rufas asked me the question Could you live with yourself if something happened while they were here....and the answer was no.
The rest of the wedding was planned in a golf cart in one day zooming up and down the Caye on its two streets.
We went to Raggamuffin boat and sail trips and the girl working made some arrangements. She found out the guy who was making Rufas shark tooth necklace was also a pastor. So when we wandered back to pick it up we asked if he could mary us...he siad yes and he took care of most of the paperwork. We toured around in the golf cart some more to find some flowers (and give the little coconut fudge girls a ride home).
It was a beautiful day and we got it videotaped for our family. So I am not posting the wedding photos until after my family gets to see them.
We took the sunset cruise after we returned from the Caye...it was very romantic and very sweet. Finishing touches of champagne and a trail of flower petals made for a beautiful day and evening.
With the finishing touches we were off to Honduras for our Honeymoon. I will try and update the rest of the trip as I go.....
t

2 comments:

Da Sista said...

....this sounds like PIRATES to me... my sister was stolen upon a ship out at sea...

Da Sista said...

Oh yes, and you look Beautiful!